Friday, December 3, 2010

I only want to live in peace

To those it concerns. The reason I wrote this blog was to get my beliefs out so others can understand what and why I believe the way I do. I feel that some people have read my posts and still severely misunderstand. I have my beliefs and just like yours, they aren't going to be easily changed. I know that people only want the best for me and mean well, but I hate the arguing/preaching that has come from this. I am grateful for any comments, but please don't simply preach in them (thats what your own blogs for). I constantly try to keep my mind open to new possibilities and I want this blog and reflect that.


If you find it impossible not to preach to me, send an email.
Although, it will be a fruitless attempt if conversion is in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Devin, just Wow! Steve told me about your blog last night. I had no idea you were out here in bloggerdom. Welcome! I am so looking forward to reading more of your insightful thoughts--sounds like you are giving this all a great deal of thought. I just finished listening to 19 hours of the book "The Age of Transformation" by Karen Armstrong. It was life changing. It goes into a great deal of depth about the foundations of buddism, daoism, hinduism and christianity and how they all sprung up at different places in the world around 700 b.c. (Christianity of course came later but Amos and Isaiah paved the way) Anyway it was "transformative" to say the least. Now I want to read the book to get all the details I missed on the C.D's I am also reading "Towards a Kinship of Faiths" by the Dahli Lama. I will let you know more when I finish it, but I love his premise about building on a foundation of shared compassion since "truth" is such an elusive concept. I will be watching for more posts--thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin, may you always have peace in your life and joy and success as well!

    ReplyDelete